Sunday 19 October 2014

Week 42 - Experimenting with QR Codes

This week was a very busy week so not many photos at all I am afraid.  I took this one of a sign outside a shop on the way to work.  It's the first time I have seen Wordle used for this purpose and I think it looks really effective:



My bedtime reading has consisted of a charity shop bargain in the shape of Alan Titchmarsh's book called '   How to be a Gardener'.  I like it because it contains many practical ideas. 


I also bought the November edition of  Kitchen Garden magazine, which contained 2 free packets of seeds.  

I am looking forward to sowing the seeds when I get back to Abruzzo next week.

I did lots of tidying up of my teaching materials, which I returned to their boxes and placed in the attic, ready for next time.


My group of Swiss students in the afternoon became very lively in Week 2 and I decided to try out a new type of lesson with them, one entirely via their mobile phones!  It worked out very well, and I was delighted to see how engaged in the lesson they were.  I allowed them to work in the cafe area singly and in pairs and I gave them a QR code for them to access the lesson. Below is a code that will take you to the wiki page which contains the presentation and a recorded dialogue on slang which they created in pairs.


That's it really!  I think the QR code lesson was definitely the teaching highlight of my week and it is a direct result of the inspirational mLearning course I am currently taking with The Consultants-e.  We are in Week 3 already and I am learning a lot.  It's a pity I won't have a class to practise on for the last 3 weeks, but I am taking lots of notes so I can implement an mlearning strategy for the future!!

My two weeks at the Lake were as wonderful as usual, and I had two great classses.  It was lovely to teach there and chat with my colleagues and have lots of fun!  

The past two weeks have literally flown past!

No comments:

Post a Comment