Sunday 5 January 2014

Project 52 - Week One

Thanks to Sue Annan for joining me in this Project 52 challenge! I really missed it last year, so we are both doing it again, just for fun.  It will be nice to have a record of whatever 2014 brings.

Images taken this week have been dominated by the festive period, and today the packing away of Christmas decorations.  The house suddenly looks a bit stark in comparision.

Will this lovely Poinsettia survive in the new year?  I have never had any luck with house plants!

I love using my set of Spode Christmas Tree plates as seen below:


My set of father christmas candle-holders are now ready to be packed away in boxes....


I keep all my Spode Christmas Tree plates and crockery in my old university trunk, which is now almost 39 years old! Below you can see one of the many badges I stuck all around the trunk. You can see one of Dijon University, where I spent a year studying French. 

Fluffy has been busy this week and he's made a calendar for January!  Let's hope it's a great month for him.


2 comments:

  1. I love your candlesticks.This is really the time of year for lots of light, and my house is full of candles and tealights which people have bought me over the years. I am keeping them out for a bit longer- even though the tree is gone. Fluffy's Calendar is a great idea. perhaps I should get one too. It will stop me forgetting things :-) Great start Janet. Looking forward to next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks so much for commenting on week one! I love having lots of lights around, too as it creates a lovely warm atmosphere.

    Re the calendar, you could easily upload one of your fave pics of Maisie & Ebony and then print it off. It'll look really nice!

    Looking forward to reading your next instalment!

    ReplyDelete