Sunday 19 January 2014

Project 52 - Week Three

Week 3 began with a very busy Monday.  I am clearing the attic for my parents as there is a leak in the roof.  These chairs date from the 1970s and they have to go as they are not needed anymore.  I have to find a new home for them asap, and my wish was granted!!  A charity shop is coming to collect them all next week.



I am writing down all the interactions I have with participants on the Crafting the ePerfect eTextbook session as with over 500 participants attending, it is easy to get confused and forget what has been written and I have commented on.



I got another nice notification from Slideshare re my 2013 stats!

It was K's birthday on Wednesday so I sent him a Voki message from Oxford with me singing Happy Birthday to him.  We are going to celebrate both our birthdays as soon as I get back to Abruzzo!



Thursday was spent at the dentist's and the news was as I feared. Something has got to go.... and I am a bit nervous about what is going to happen on Tuesday!  The clip art gives a clue....


Image source: http://classroomclipart.com/clipart-view/Clipart/Dental/dentist_with_patient_jpg.htm

I created my first Haiku Deck!


I heard from K in Abruzzo that the 'Sindaco' had turned up to view the state of our road.  Apparently it will be fixed 'in una settimana' = one week.  Hopefully by the time I get back to Abruzzo, the road will indeed have been fully fixed!!  Fingers crossed it won't look like it is below - just mud!!

Below I have added a Tagxedo summary of all the tools the Evo Crafting the Perfect Ebook participants have used in the first week of the session for the 3,2,1 Introductions.  

33 tools and still counting!


I am learning about so many different tools on the session, and just wish I had more hours in the day.  As of tomorrow, Monday 20th January, I won't be able to interact in the EVO session so much, as I will be teaching up to 20 students f2f every day, so my focus will be on them.. However, I intend to use new tools I have learned about as soon as I have time :-)

That's it!  It's been a most hectic week with no 'Me Time' whatsoever, but I am still in one piece, and have enjoyed 'the good bits' very, very much indeed!!  

The 'bad bits' this week have involved dealing with Italian beauocracy refering to my father's missing Italian pension.  It has been an absolute nightmare trying to sort it all out, and has taken up a huge amount of time this week, both with numerous emails and phone calls to London and Italy. My father has not been paid his Italian pension for one whole year.  I will NOT let this injustice get swept under the carpet.... and I am rather stubborn...

To close on a positive note, I am looking forward to the challenges of Week 4!! 

2 comments:

  1. Poor you. You sound like you need a rest. I am glad that your road will be fixed, It will be murder on the tyres otherwise. Hope the visit to the dentist goes okay. I have to ring mine this week to set up a meeting :-( I have enjoyed your comments on the EVO sessions, and I also have been learning about lots of cool new tools. Once I completely understand how my new computer works, I shall try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, sorry I didn't reply to your comment sooner. Not sure how I overlooked it. Anyway, it's so nice to read it, thank you!! It's great you are learning about new tools, that is definitely part of the fun of such EVO sessions :-)

    ReplyDelete