Sunday 11 May 2014

Week 19

This week didn't start too well, as Karl had to go the doctor's and then to A & E in Penne to get his swollen and very painful wrist seen to. It was a pleasant surprise to see such an efficient service in place, with X-rays taken and plaster and sling put on.  

That very same morning, the water pipe broke, so no water for 24 hours...another emergency!!  At the same time, the road was still heading towards the valley......  

Apart from these 3 things, a very quiet week really!

3 new adorable kittens with their mum Olivia all happily squashed into a cardboard box.  We collect Coshida boxes as they are useful for all sorts of things....



Below, Olivia contemplating her life, will it ever be the same again with all these kittens?

 
An increasing collection of pots with seedlings and plants, mostly cat-proofed with lots of sticks!!  This area is in addition to the cold frame, which houses a lot more seedlings and plants, ready to be added to the veggie plot.  I need K to cut some bamboos for me, but with his wrist being rested at the moment, I will have to wait til the end of next week, when hopefully it will be much better...

Picking the wild poppies that abound near us in the field..



I re-use everything I can, and below you can see the 'Orlando' dog food tins make very handy vases!  I would like the whole house to be full of flowers and every evening, when I go for a walk with K and the girls, I collect lots of wild flowers from the garden and surrounding fields.


 It's been very relaxing to view the spectacular Abruzzo countryside from the balcony...


A visual collage created with Muzy sums up my very relaxing weekend!


Next week, I will have a bit more welcome free time after Tuesday, when the online course I am currently moderating, finishes.  I'll miss the daily interaction.
 
Roll on Week 20!!


2 comments:

  1. I hope K's wrist is getting better. My goodness- how cute are those kittens:-) Will you keep them all? The poppies are beautiful- I planted some this afternoon to add a bit of colour to the corners of the garden. Next week should be a bit quieter for me too. I hope :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is thanks! The kitties are very cute, but we won't be keeping them. We have some homes waiting for them as soon as they are a bit older....

    I love the bright red colour of poppies as they brighten up a room. Hope next week is more relaxing for you :-)

    ReplyDelete