Sunday 18 May 2014

Week 20 - 22 Years Have Flown By!

This picture sums up my week!  I took it early on and used it for several occasions: to say goodbye and finish of an online course, to send to some friends just to say 'ciao' and as a thank you to someone who had helped with my father's Italian pension.  

I like it because it makes me feel happy, the flowers are all grown from seed, and the posy was made by following the instructions from a book I have had for ages, but never really looked at 
 properly.

I created a 22nd wedding anniversary card by pressing one of the anemones growing in the garden and then using some of my craft bits.  K used a wedding photo which he embellished nicely with one of my craft diamantes for the earrings.


Below one of my favourite wedding day pictures of me 22 years ago with my 2 sisters.  I had made my own bouquet from fresh flowers just a few hours before walking down the aisle!  All the garments in the image below were made by hand by my mother!


Picking flowers played a big part in this week!  Some wild flowers added to one of the girls' 'Orlando' dog tins:

 The same posy as in the top picture:


This week my bedtime reading has been about weeds, as the garden is overrrun with them!

 Freddy having a quiet moment of reflection below:


Today (Sunday) the weather has been lovely so we have had a barbecue, with arrosticini, my favourite Abruzzo food. 



We opened a bottle of Montepulciano D'Abruzzo red wine.  The grand cost was approx 1,49 Euros! It is a lovely wine, and in England this would be very expensive indeed.


We were surounded by furkids who mostly behaved themselves very well...

 A chance to relax after our meal...


Next week the weather is set to be very nice, so hope to carry on with jobs in the garden.  I am keeping a very close eye on these potato plants below.  I am growing them in a grow-bag, as it is the very first time I have planted potatoes, so am very excited to see if they will grow ok...... 








2 comments:

  1. I hope you manage to get your weeds under control . Mine aren't too bad, but I am using bottles of beer to try and control the slugs and snails! Congratulations on your wedding anniversary., it is so life affirming to know so many couples who are in it for the long haul. It was lovely to see that Gavin and Victoria got married this weekend. I hope they are as long lasting as we are:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind wishes. Yes, it was lovely news to hear about G & V getting married. Long may they be happy!

    ReplyDelete