Sunday 20 July 2014

Week 29 - Post holiday

This week has gone by so quickly that being away in San Marino now seems light years ago!!  

A little bit of post holiday blues threatened to take over, but once in the sunshine back in Abruzzo and sorting out my veggie plot, I soon settled back into my routine.

Moderating a lovely group of online students is keeping me busy, and battling the weeds inbetween is what I am spending time doing now.  In particular, the plot has been invaded by a rather pernicious weed called common purslane:

Google search image above

I am handpicking each one individually as it is the only way to remove them forever.  Apparently just one weed can reproduce itself thousands of times if left in the soil, so I am up against a real monster weed, and total extermination is the only way out.  This is going to take time and a lot of patience.  You can eat this weed, but I don't really fancy trying it out, to be honest!!

Garden Pics
One of my favourite pots bought in Prague from a quirky shop, in the shape of a cat!  It now houses an ivy plant.  Sadly the other one I bought was broken by one of the furbies, but it is still usable.


This lovely garden light statue was a gift from my 2 sisters when I left UK to move to Abruzzo.  I love it!

That's it for this week - it's been really quiet!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely peaceful week. It's lovely here- although I think Ebs has had enough. What with being long-haired and black, she's finding it all a bit too much. I suppose your kids are used to it, and find a nice shady part of the garden to sleep in.
    Onwards and upwards- week 30 already:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the time is really going very fast! The kitties are indeed used to the heat, and they find themselves shaded areas around the garden, so they are ok. Hope it gets a bit cooler for Ebony soon :-)

    Have a great week and 'see' you next Sunday!

    ReplyDelete