Wednesday 9 July 2014

Week 27 - Sunny Days


This week flew past, with family visiting Abruzzo and time just to relax, with no Internet - bliss!  These sunflowers were just around the corner from where we were staying andat the moment are everywhere in Abruzzo.  Below these are fields just near home.



 .... this is one of the lovely views of where I stayed.

We ate out every day and this is a view of one of the restaurants we went to, called Lago Paradiso.  The food was excellent and truly delicious.  All homemade and local produce from the Abruzzo area.


It was lovely to have my mother and sister with me and we had so much to talk about. K stayed behind to look after the land and furkids, and was happy for me to have time out with them.


I went to the Giulianova beach a few times, and it was still low season, so it was very quiet indeed.

 This is where we ate a few times on the beach front.

When I got home at the end of the visit, there was so much catching up to do in the garden!  The excitement of unearthing my very first home-grown potatoes made my day!!  Below some of the new potatoes I dug up from the grow bag:


I boiled and then fried them in our olive oil, with rosemary thrown over them - truly delicious!!  I still have a crop growing in the veggie plot, and I will leave them a bit longer until I dig them up.


I picked some of the gladioli that were in bloom - almost as tall as I am, so I had to cut their stems, otherwise they were too tall for my vases!  

Below a Murano vase given as a wedding present by my Godmother - I think the pink gladioli fit perfectly in them!


I placed some of the flowers in a smaller vase to enjoy them for longer.









My lavendar bush was well and truly squashed when I got back ....



..and this little fellow is probably one of the culprits - lying in it for its catnap!

I quickly picked a few fresh sprigs to add to this special lavendar jug!

Week 27 was very enjoyable and relaxing and it was wonderful to spend quality time with family. Just catching up after being away has delayed posting this, but better late than never!

Week 28 post will hopefully come after the weekend, because again it is going to be a very busy week!






No comments:

Post a Comment