Sunday 14 September 2014

Week 37 - Time for planting bulbs..

I thought I was over the worst on Sunday and had had a good day, but Sunday night was sleepless and full of coughing, and I woke up on Monday feeling quite rough, so I had to finally admit defeat, and off I went to the doctor's in Civitaquana.  The very nice and sympathetic temporary female doctor listened to my breathing and looked down my throuat and told me I had a chest infection, and laryngitis.  She prescribed a course of strong antibiotics and I duly starting taking them.  This week has been full of restful periods, but also I have been trying to get to grips with a new online course and system.  Because I was still feeling under the weather, it was a bit of a struggle at times, but I think I managed to keep up with everything, thank goodness.

Inbetween working, my focus has been on planting bulbs!  I bought over 100 bulbs in the local supermarket and decided I would get them planted as soon as possible.

The bulbs included special trays, and I thought it would be good to see how they work out and so I treated myself to not just one but three trays of mixed colours and varieties.
 

 Below two of the planted up pots with green meshing and an ornamental cockerel on top of them to keep the cats away!


 Two curious kittens looking on...


This Fluffy look-alike kitten below in an old paint pot looks quite cute!  He seemed quite happy to be in there.  Maybe we should name him Max after the Max Meyer paint pot!


I also started repotting plants, and taking cuttings of sedum, which always 'takes' beautifully.


I gathered lots of fruit, including plums, grapes, apples, pears and figs and then made lots of bowls of fresh fruit salads for puddings, with icecream.



Finally, to finish off this post, an image of a souvenir of a San Gabriele souvenir jug I bought for my beloved grandmother many years ago, and which I was able to keep after she passed away.  I now keep it in the kitchen and put my basil in it....


The past couple of weeks have been very quiet, but I am now finally looking forward to being back to my normal self, ready for Week 38!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment