Sunday 7 September 2014

Week 36 - Under the Weather

 On inspecting all my collection of Bombonnieri on Monday, I found that most of the sugared almonds had gone off and were of a very sticky and inedible nature, so I disbanded all of them and will use the bits and pieces for craftwork and hence recycle things.  The little flower stems have been added to my tub above which now contains lots of parsley seeds.  I am not sure if the seeds will grow as it is unseasonally wet and a bit cool at the moment, so we shall see.

Below a motley crew of furkids, at one point 5 of them all squashed together during a bad thunderstorm.  Raymondo is the prominent white kitten and he is very cute!!


As of Tuesday things didn't go too well.  I wasn't feeling too good, just generally under the weather.  I had Samantha and Victoria lying side by side on top of me when I was resting on the couch.   All of a sudden a mega cat fight broke out between them and I ended up being bitten on my index finger on a very soft part of the skin.  It hurt a lot!!  I noticed that my finger had become all red and swollen and very painful I decided I didn't want to reach out to Dr Google to see what it would say about being bitten by cats and the consequences.  I vaguely remembered reading an article about someone who had died after her pet cat had bitten her, but I really didn't want to think about this, so I ignored it.....

Wednesday and Thursday I had to do a lot of preparation for an online course starting next week and I simply overdid it on the computer and my eyes got very tired. In addition I had come down with a very bad cold and an annoying cough, so I took to a bed in the spare roomI whiled away the hours listening to the Italian radio and a parade of cats peering in from outside the window checking to see if I was ok, kept me occupied.




I also managed to read a few chapters of a book called Stay Positive!

It helped me to put things in perspective about my temporary 'down period'.  In life, we all suffer minor setbacks and we just have to deal with them!

On Sunday (today) I feel much better and I have decided to venture out again into the veggie plot that has been totally neglected for the past few days.  

I received a beautiful Jacqie Lawson ecard from one of my dear colleagues and this really cheered me up and spurred me on to get back to normal.  Thanks, Carol!!


http://www.jacquielawson.com/

Cat bite update
I have just succumbed to my curiosity and looked up 'consequences of cat bite' on Google and as I feared a cat bite could lead to a severe infection, hospitalization, many courses of antibiotics and ultimately and occasionally, possible death!!!!  I still can't bend my finger properly, but I think it is definitely getting better and is not so red and painful now, thank goodness, so I will monitor the situation and go to a doctor only if it gets worse.....

I am keeping positive, so I am sure my bite (or puncture wound) will go away of its own accord......

2 comments:

  1. Its a bad idea to google illnesses :-) Hope you are beginning to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I realised that as soon as I had done it!! Typical, it starts to make you imagine things that are probably never going to happen, lol! Thanks, I am feeling much better now, and the antibiotics seem to be doing their job.

    ReplyDelete