Sunday 9 November 2014

Week 45 - Wine Festival

Another week and the highlight was the wine festival on Saturday held in Catignano, one of the nearest villages.  We had seen this flyer of the event, and had decided we wanted to go there to enjoy the atmosphere.  Once there, we did a tour of the village with all the 'cantine' stops and local produce stalls.


Screenshot taken from the flyer
The young people of Catignano got together in 2004 and started up a group to rejuvenate the village and to bring more tourism to the local area. The group is called 'Pro Loco Catignano'.

We wandered round the narrow alleyways and enjoyed a lovely walk, listening to the Fantomatik orchestra playing local music from the Abruzzo area.  The alleyways became quite packed with people enjoying themselves in the warm November evening. We stopped for a bite to eat and a glass of Montepulciano wine.  We ordered some arrosticini, and they were truly amazing!



Earlier in the week I had created a Planet Jigsaw puzzle for part of my mlearning course and below is one I have done just for fun, of me and the motorbike.



preview20 pieceJan moto 1  I also did a bit more  reading on QR codes:

.....and was inspired to create a new introduction to my life via QR codes.  I think I will update it to include a small picture of me...

I was also inspired to update Fluffy's CV and below is what I created:


A visit to a different part of Abruzzo mid week and the chance to take a photo of this lovely olive tree.  It has been edited using software on K's mobile phone.

An image below of Raimondo, relaxing in the November sunshine!

That's it for this week.  Roll on Week 46!!

1 comment:

  1. I alwaya think of you when we drink Montepulciano. I really must get round to Italy soon. IT looks lovely

    ReplyDelete