Sunday 30 November 2014

Project 52 - Week 48

A very nice relaxing week with online moderating and working in the garden, helping to chop wood, and collecting lots of leaves. 

I used the leaves in my Christmas card making as seen below.  This card with the leaf needs to be finished...




I usually try to recycle all my old Christmas cards from previous years.  I enjoy making new cards out of them and embellishing them with stickies, which I buy from a local shop.  It takes me some time to create new ones, but it is a relaxing process.

I made some apple sauces with the numerous apples from the orchard, and started one of the home made mulberry jams I had stored.  It is quite delicious, I have to say :-)


I had bought the jazzy jam jar labels on my last trip to England and I think it makes the jam jars look more interesting now..

We have named one of the kittens 'Tiny Tim' as he has not grown very much, due to the fact that at feeding time, he often gets left behind in the frenzied foray into the food bowls.  We have allowed him into the house, and he is getting lots of tlc.  Here he is sitting on my jumper, in the garden.

We were out and about in the week and on the motorway I noticed this large poster advertising the wonders of motorway travel!   It reads 'You are in a wonderful country.  Explore it with us.'  I love the way English is used in the middle of the sentence beneath the picture!




Finally, I have got my Christmas calendar ready for tomorrow, December 1st.  There is a little chocolate behind each numbered box.  I wonder who will be up first to open door number one!!

We hope to get our Christmas tree in the next week or so from a local garden centre.
 
I have been reading all about the mad shopping frenzy that occured in the UK on 'Black Friday,' and I am so glad that I was nowhere near any of those shopping centres that day. 

Living here in Abruzzo, I have learned that I don't need much for a simple and happy life.


2 comments:

  1. The little cat reminds me of Ebs when she was small. She is still much smaller than Maisie, but holds her own these days. We didn't do Black Friday here- it sounds like a horrible American import- Yuk!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with you re Black Friday being too much. Christmas is far too commercialized nowadays, with all these pre-xmas shopping special days, and that is quite sad...

    ReplyDelete