Monday 29 December 2014

Week 52 - Almost the End....

Christmas was a super affair and I went to town on the table decorations!

We had a lovely meal of roast turkey with all the trimmings washed down with our favourite bottle of Montpulciano d'Abruzzo.

Practical  xmas prezzies below of a cockerel stapler and a cat sellotape dispenser, perfect for my office!


Below a collage created with Photogrid, an app on my smartphone.  It is very easy to use and produces nice results:

As you can see, Freddy is on his own now.  He misses his band of loyal chickens very much and has hence doubled his efforts to go for me at any opportunity!!  Especially when I wear my warm red jumper, this makes him chase me even more.  I can't wait for when we buy him 4 new chicks to keep him company.  We went to the local chicken place before Christmas to buy them, but we were told they won't have any young 'layers' til the end of January...... so no fresh eggs at the moment, and I miss them!!

Skype calls to the family made the day extra special and phone calls from a few close friends were also lovely to receive.

Blow a picture of the cats all tucked up, sleeping together outside.  Although we have quite a few comfy cat 'resting boxes' in different places, they all somehow manage to squeeze into this old cardboard box on my potting bench!! 

 

This year has been a wonderful one, but it isn't over quite yet!!
I will write a few words to round up the project, in my final closing post.  Til then, happy new year!!




2 comments:

  1. I love the cat sellotape dispenser- more cool than my metal one, that's certain. The cats look like they are keeping each other warm- my two have really taken to their new beds, which means the humans can sit in peace.Bad luck with Freddie. Maybe he should find a new home and you can start fresh with lots of young animals.....
    Happy New Year to you too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, let's hope the new year is a great one for both of us :-)

    Re Freddy, not sure we can find him a new home, so we will have to put up with him until the new ones arrive to keep him occupied :-)

    ReplyDelete