Monday 8 December 2014

Week 49 - Christmas Tree!

Our christmas tree was bought a bit earlier than usual this year, as last year it was done too late.  We managed to get a very nice tree for just over 10 Euros, from Obi, the local garden centre, which is pretty good!  I intend to nurture this one afterwards in the garden, and try to keep it going for next year.  Let's see if I can do this!


I brought the tree in and this is how it looked before I started dressing it up.

I enjoyed adding all my bits and pieces!




I will be decorating the house next week, so it will all be done gradually and this will be great fun.  All my special decorations come out, and each year I can think of family members and friends who have given me special decorations as gifts in the past.

A pretty quiet week in all.  A new carpet was bought and it will add an extra touch of warmth underfoot, as we don't have any central heating installed.... just gas 'bombolas' and lots of extra jumpers in winter!!  It is ok, I don't mind, as I see it as character building!!

Christmas is drawing nearer and I still need to send a few more cards, and gifts.  

Roll on Week 50!!


2 comments:

  1. Great tree. You are better organised than me with your cards and gifts. I decided to do lots online, as I was too busy working to do much shopping. Hope it doesn't get too cold where you are over the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sue, hope it won't snow too much like other years, as it really damaged the road. I bumped into the Lord Mayor a few days ago, and asked him if he had forgotten about us, and he said he hadn't, so hopefully we will have more repairs done soon......

    ReplyDelete