Sunday 16 March 2014

Week Eleven

Freddy 
......continues to follow me around every time he sees me.  I wouldn't mind if that is all he does, but unfortunately he seems to have something against me because he flies at me, whenever he can.  This means I have to be a bit vigilant when I go out to my cold frame, as he almost got inside the other day!!
He in fact did chase me and attacked me on Friday, and drew blood.  He caught me on my finger and it really hurt!!  Thankfully, K came to my rescue and managed to shoo Freddy politely away...

The Garden
A lovely few days spent moderating online and out in the garden inbetween. The weather has been beautiful and quite warm at times.

Below some form of weed, or is it a kind of ivy???  It is growing all over the place, and not sure if I like it too much..

I am converting an area into a rockery / shrubbery and this is the initial stage below:


Everything is taken from cuttings, and also plants I already have in pots, succulent offshoots etc, so let's hope they all start to blend in together.  The 3 aloe vera cuttings might grow big, so I will rearrange things later if necessary.

Another area below which I hope will be a rockery.  It is full of rosemary at the moment, but I'd like to introduce a few more plants.  I have added a tub full of bulbs my sisters bought me for my Christmas present and I love seeing them bloom in this spot.




Cats
I have found evidence of suspicious cat activity in this concrete tub, which contains my friend Sue's plant gift.  I am going to have to make it anti-cat proof by adding netting ALL around it to prevent them from doing their business....
I simply threw some old olive tree branches across it to stop them gaining access overnight...




My Cold Frame
.... is my new best friend and I am making it very cosy inside.  I am using egg containers to put compost in and add seeds, so let's see what happens...The top closes so it acts like a mini greenhouse.



An old shelf has now been converted into a simple etagere, so I can put 3 tiers of pots on it.  

The egg containers are going across the old wooden posts in the ground, so no space is wasted! 



Old cat and dog tins are now being used as seed containers.


The veggie plot at dusk. I have started to use bamboo canes to demarcate the different areas ready for planting next month.



Fluffy.......
... has been in the wars recently and has been fighting to keep his Alpha Male title. Below a rather atmospheric pose by Fluffy as he quietly contemplates life....



Other poses below with the jungle area in the background:



 He could be a fim star in the making, lol!!

Apart from all the gardening, and being online, I have also been attending a few excellent webinars in the Spring Blog Festival and have really enjoyed each of the sessions, including Marisa's, Shelly's and Sylvia's.  It is always nice to support fellow bloggers and members of my PLN, whenever I can.

Week 11 has been a lovely week, doing what I enjoy most of all...

Roll on Week 12!





2 comments:

  1. I envy you the space you have, although in reality my garden is big enough for me to handle. What a clever idea to use egg boxes for your seedlings. You have given me the resolve to get out and do some more work- when I can!! Looking forward to week 12

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my garden is far too big for me to handle that is why I only focus on small areas, so it is more manageable :-) I get a lot of my gardening ideas from Alice Fowler's excellent book called 'The Thrifty Gardener' It's got loads of great suggestions on 'gardening that won't cost the earth'.

    Have fun in your garden, I am sure it gives you lots of pleasure. Yes, looking forward to week 12, too :-)

    ReplyDelete