Sunday 30 March 2014

Week Thirteen


I love anything to do with Marilyn Monroe and her life.  As a young girl I read her biography by the renowned photographer Norman Mailer, and I was hooked.  This is one of my favourite vases in the bookshelf, an iconic image of Marilyn by Andy Warhol.

Lake
A busy week back at the Lake, with a delightful Elementary class in the morning and lovely Upper Int in the afternoon.  Lots of drilling and Jazz Chants and repetition in the morning, which I think the class enjoyed!  

I did 'The Eye' mini saga lesson with the higher level group, and the students came up with this great 'saga':

Also very busy with prepping for the Teachers' course for next week....  I kick off with Phrasal Verbs, a session I love teaching.


I cycle past this park every day and took this photo of the spring flowers inside it.


Attic
I have been very busy in the attic clearing out all the old clothes, ready to take to a charity shop or car boot sale, before I leave.  
I found my beautiful Hong Kong suit that I bought there in 1989, and tried it on.  It has become far too small for me to wear it and so I will hand it on to one of my sisters, who are much more petite than I am... I loved this suit and it made me look so smart and elegant when I wore it to weddings and special occasions in the past....



I also came across these Christmas decorations, which are no longer used.



My mission while I am here is to completely tidy up the attic and remove items no longer used by the family, ready for a loft insulation and major roof repair project to take place in the very near future.  I am doing my bit now, as I will not be here when the project actually begins....

Celebrations
....... on Friday for my father's birthday and a wonderful meal at La Cucina yesterday to celebrate.  

We also celebrated Mother's Day.



This photo was taken of me and my lovely mum together.


Vintage Fair
............ later this afternoon, after cooking a special meal for my parents.  

Hope I can find a nice bargain!  I miss this type of event in Abruzzo.....


I'll add a photo later today if I do buy something.

PS
I didn't buy anything, but it was great fun to browse and look at all the lovely stuff.

Me on my bike on the way back home!

A lovely view of Magdelan College below.  It was a beautiful, sunny day today.

 View of the punts along the river.


 I love these gargoyles!

Finally a shadow selfie of myself of the bike, just for fun!
 
 
Roll on Week 14!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I didn't get a chance to comment. My inlaws were using the office to sleep in. I hope your parents enjoyed your pampering :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No probs :-) Yes, they certainly did and I love being with them!

    ReplyDelete