Sunday 29 June 2014

Week 26 - Half way Point

We are now halfway through this project and how time has flown!! It has been fun doing Project 52 together with Sue, and I feel inspired by her posts.

To mark the occasion, I have created a  tagxedo of this blog.  I just typed in my blog address and this is what it came up with.  I had fun trying to remember when and why I had used the following words, which include 'Facebook'.  I can't recall writing about Facebook these past 6 months, so that is a mystery why it is included!



This week I was delighted to see a reference in Shelly Terrell's wonderful slideshare presentation called Virtual Makeover: 15+ Ideas to Get Students Actively Learning Online This was part of the Teaching Online MOOC, which looks very interesting!

One of Shelly's slides with my 3,2,1 Introduction screenshot in the top left hand corner:

In the middle of the week, I was inspired to do nothing for 2 minutes after reading Ana Maria's excellent blog post called 5, 4, 3, 2, I Relax.....

Below a screenshot of the message I got when I actually followed the instructions and did nothing.  It was very relaxing indeed, and I should do nothing more often!!  Try it here!


Kittens have been crowding into my pots to sleep in at night time, and last night there were 5 squashed in.  I only managed to take a picture with 2 of them in.  As you can see, my sedum plant and Snapdragons have been well and truly squashed!

At the same time I managed to take a photo of a creature on my potted pea plants.  As you can see, it is extremely well-camoflaged!

 Last but not least, a picture of a kitten wrapped round a statue of a dog, fast asleep and purring away to its heart content....


Next week I won't be online much as I have family visiting from England, so I will be very busy.  Hopefully I can take a few nice photos to share here.

4 comments:

  1. I love your tagzedo idea. I wonder what mine would look like! The kittens are so cute- but they do make a mess in the garden don't they. I just watched Ebs climbing through my herbs and going to sleep in the middle of the marjoram, which of course is now completely flattened. I hope you get a chance to enjoy your visitors this week:-) Onwards and upwards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little black one just looks like mine did when she was that small- aaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your lovely comments, Sue. Seems like we have the same problem of flattened bushes, my lavendar bush is no longer as it once was ......but these things happen :-)

    Give tagxedo a try for your project and see what comes up - it's a really fun way to view events. All the best for week 28!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Janet, while checking one of your tweets about this Project 52, I discovered you actually read my 5,4,3,2,1, Relax blog post and tried one of the sites. You're an incredible writer and language just flows through your fingers. Now I'm curious, what is this Project 52? I need to discover that. Kisses from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete