Sunday 10 August 2014

Week 32 - A Change of Scene

Back in the UK after a period away is nice, but I am already missing K and the furkids!  I wonder how this little one, next to my giant marrows is doing!


My plane was delayed in Abruzzo on Wednesday night and I landed very late and missed my connection.  


So I ended up spending the whole night at Stansted, which was great fun, not!!  I caught the 06.30am coach back, feeling pretty shattered.

On Friday, I spent the afternoon prepping for 2 x Intermediate classes next week and it was lovely to be back at the Lake School as part of the team!

I am now back on my bike and I snapped these shots on my way home.  I love this view of a B&B with the bike full of plants!



There are so many beautiful hanging baskets in the city centre (and bikes) right now!


The other side you don't ususally see in this historical city is the bikes that are stripped of their parts and then sold on.....  I have had countless bikes stolen from the city centre, and now my bike is a very ordinary-looking one indeed, hopefully to deter thieves, fingers crossed!!!

View of a stripped bike, left abandoned


This view of a tree completely covered in ivy is to inspire me to be patient for my ivy to grow on the big concrete telegraph / phone line back home.  I know it is going to take a few years, but I am a very patient person....



We were all away for my mum's birthday in early August, so now I can see all the lovely cards she got on display.  
I made mine below:

.....and my niece hand painted the two cards next to mine!
 

I will add a picture of the birthday cake my niece has baked as soon as it arrives..... and here it is below, a two-tiered sponge cake, decorated with strawberries and ribbons, which was absolutely delicious!!!



It's pouring down with rain today and a hurricane is also due soon, and this is the view out of my window right now as I am writing this post up!

I am looking forward to meeting my 2 new classes tomorrow!
Roll on Week 33!




2 comments:

  1. You'll see my hurricane pics too. Glad you are having a change of scene. Good to get away from Freddie for a bit, eh? The little black furrbaby is soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just seen the hurricane pics in the videos - very impressive!
    I have to confess I don't miss Freddy's beady eyes on me all the time...
    Hopefully he will become more well-behaved whilst K is in charge of the squadron of furbies :-)

    ReplyDelete