Sunday 3 August 2014

Week 31 - Courgettes Galore!

This week has been one for picking courgettes (zucchini) and big marrows.  They are everywhere now and I just couldn't keep up with them.  I have chopped lots of them up and fried them lightly then added them to the freezer, so we can enjoy this veggie for many months to come!

Freshly picked, straight from the veggie plot below:

My bedtime reading has been all about 'Cetrioli' - cucumbers.  They are now growing profusely in the veggie plot, and soon there will be far too many for the two of us to eat!!  Not sure if cucumbers can be frozen, I will have to look into this.

Looking after a multitude of furkids has been challenging but enjoyable the past two weeks.  Just Freddy's behaviour has been a bit off-putting and yesterday again, we had an altercation, and I managed to escape his clutches and beak...  Roll on when K is back later tonight on his motorbike after a journey of over 1,000 miles!!  As of tomorrow evening, he will be dealing with Freddy's bedtime, thank goodness!  

As I write, it is past 7pm now and the cat food is all laid out on two trays ready for feeding them, but Freddy is loitering around outside and I just can't risk me getting pecked by him, as it would be too painful, so in the meantime, I am writing up this blog post, with the dulcit sound of much miaowing in the background.  Below a video I took from the safety of the kitchen the other day!

Week 32 should be infinitely easier with all duties shared once again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment